Looking for a Probate Lawyer Who Can Assist You Throughout the Entire Probate Process?
Did a loved one of yours recently pass and leave behind a significant amount of property all to different beneficiaries? Perhaps many individuals have inherited a large sum of money that you are responsible for distributing? If you were recently named the legal representative of your family member’s estate, yet you are not quite clear on how to go about beginning this process of transferring their wealth, it is time you reach out to USAttorneys.com
We help individuals such as yourself locate probate attorneys all across the state of New Mexico. At USAttorneys.com, we understand how important it is to have a reliable and dedicated lawyer working beside you which is why we only feature the best in the field who possess years’ worth of experience in probating an estate. We invite you to browse through those we recommend on our site to determine if one of the legal professionals meets your standards and can fulfill the needs and requirements you have.
The most efficient way to determine this is by placing a call to the probate law firm directly and scheduling your free, no-obligation consultation. If you wish, we can even assist in this process as we have agents who will work to get you paired up with an experienced New Mexico probate lawyer in your city and available to aid you with your matter.
What Responsibilities is an Executor Responsible for?
As a personal representative, or executor of an estate, there are many things you are going to have to get accomplished. Some of these include:
- Publish your loved one’s death, letting possible creditors become aware of it.
- Keep a record of all the assets the decedent had, and what was pay paid.
- Get the decedents assets appraised and sold.
- Distribute the remaining inheritances according to the will or if no will is present, based on state laws.
- Get financial obligations settled, including any taxes that were owed.
- Determine if there are any fallacies in the will.
- Handle disputes among family or beneficiaries regarding property and other assets.
- Problems with disputed debts or unfinished contracts, such as the sale of a business that wasn’t completed.
- Be certain that if property is left to a minor that they receive a guardian to assist with the management of it.
While every executor’s responsibilities are going to vary based on the circumstances surrounding the will, it is important to understand that the legal statutes you are expected to comply with and the deadlines issued by the courts must still be abided by.
Learn About the Probate Legal Representatives who are Close to you
Whether you are looking for a probate attorney in New Mexico to provide you with advice as you take on your newly acquired role, or you are a beneficiary who wishes to contest the terms of the decedent’s will, give us a call so we can get you connected with a nearby probate law firm in your city.